The Simian Way

My self-imposed sabbatical had given me good time off from the hectic grilling of the professional life. I had been seeking a break from the usual nitty-gritty of my office to devote time to seemingly more important tasks in my life. And thanks to my large-hearted manager I was able in getting a long leave sanctioned for myself.

So I spent or rather invested large pie of my time studying for some upcoming competitive exams; and a lesser share of time towards other stuff like instilling some life in my blog with new posts as you might have observed by now. So my routine had been more like study, study, study with short breaks sprinkled in between. These breaks ranged from grabbing a quick bite to quench my appetite to grabbing some news bite mostly to check whether the stock market bears have found the abyss (unfortunately I got disappointed each time to see the bears reigning). And there are times when I just shut slam and stacked my books and off I went outdoor to loosen myself. One such time I was just swinging on the swing in our veranda wherein I got to observe something that drove me to the next post of mine.

As I was swinging like a child, I happen to see a pack of monkeys who had just arrived in our yard/garden and were reigning mayhem. Not that it was the first time the apes had come calling on us; just that this time I seem to strike a rare analogy between them and something more ghastly that has been plaguing our country. As I observed they moved in packs from tree to tree, eating less destroying much more. As they hopped from one branch to another they didn’t seem to spare any of the trees especially fruit-bearing; relishing on the spread of the nature. This destruction is very much visible to us and so much more painful. Not that they can’t be tackled but for the self-professed protectors of the apian clan in form of the animal activists they do escape the wrath time and again. The reason they put forth is that these apes are very much like us. Indeed, these monkeys are very much like humans but alas they aren’t humans;

And this brings me to the analogy that I see in them with the serious acts of terrorism that has been plaguing our country throughout its expanse. And the name that takes centre-stage in such terrorist activities is that of SIMI. The human-like non-humans have been busy decimating the face of our motherland with their destructive acts. What ends they intend to achieve through the destructive means has remained oblivious to me till date. These destructive organizations had been carrying out attacks on the innocent population time and again. And the regularity with which they have been striking seems to me that their appetite is showing no signs of quenching. Rather they aren’t interested in satisfying gastro-intestinal craving or any other craving they might be harboring deep within themselves. All they want and desire is destruction of the normal flow of human life. Just like the apes, they are interested in causing harm and destruction all throughout the expanse. As the general public try to find rationale behinds these terrorism; still exists there defendants of these terrorists who like to portray the compassionate angle of viewing at them. Their arguments doesn’t differ much from the animal activists in that they want to see at these destructive forces are someone amongst us and someone like us. But, alas they aren’t.

Yes, I can’t and won’t like to deny that we evolved from the apes. But the similarity ends there for we have evolved and they haven’t. And this is good enough a reason as per me to use different yardstick for either. For these the terrorist outfits should be dealt with tougher manners, something befitting the tag of ‘the law of the jungle’ for they shall understand only that. For a simple reason that, they don’t differ from the apes in much way… so much so that their collective pronoun too sounds so very identical… SIMIan way.

2 comments:

chinmay totekar said...

good one...
but being animal activist i would keep mum on the monkey business, but not "SIMIans".

Ameya said...

I have nothing against the animal activists buddy :)