A Man of No Action

Yours truly, is the one I am pointing to. I should be ashamed to say that and very much so I am. But at the same time, I am proud that I realize it and more so am able to ridicule myself. If you have been reading till here, you might have made an opinion about me by now; needless to say it won’t be impressive for a self-proclaimed lazy bump. But No! that’s not what I want to portray me as for the simple fact that I am not lazy, not even anywhere close to it.


Then why do I call myself the way I have? Well, there are reasons for me to be self critical and even more importantly I wonder whether this will serve as enough of impetus for me to ward off my inertia and spring me into action in pursuit of my destination? If it does, then this attempt of self-degradation will do me a ton of good; and I pinning my hopes that it indeed will help in my pursuit. I hope you must have wandered through my previous blog “Ek Akela Is Shehar Mein” and after reading that you must be very much acquainted by the plight I find myself in. Continuing on that, I have planned to break out of the jinx known as "job". Its with no less shame, I have to say that these plans haven't materialized as yet. I guess its gonna take time for these paper giants to transform into actual flesh and blood. Breaking out of these self-imposed restrictions that job (I choose to call it "Slavery") brings alone has ranked very high on my priority list and rightly so. Its a irony though that I choose to execute the tasks in my priority list with a totally screwed up sequence.


I have never been bereft of business plans. Infact, my disliking for my current job profile have been sprouting many plans in my mind. I have been churning my gray matter and coming up with some brilliant ideas (and I say this without the slighest tinge of boasting). I had been looking forward to others whose could identify themselves with me and crank me into motion. My tete-a-tete with the friends sprinkled across the globe help me locate thinkers at same frequencies but they, like me(unfortunately :-( ) seemed to be overpowered by the Newton's first law. Additionally, thanks to my non-dislike to reading, I had read quiet a handful of inspirational books/write-ups which feeds motivational fuel to the fire within. Guess, when these volcano gonna erupt?


But, as slapstick reality beckons me and I still find myself in equally deep(if not deeper) mess, the good old proverb "Action speaks louder than Words" makes its larger than life presence felt. On a positive note, one thing for sure and I seek solace from it for the time being; if at all I don’t know what I want, atleast I know what I don’t want. As a final quote of self assurance, I would like to say... I am just like that little bird who has got enough strength in its wings to set on the flight alone; the apprehension and the fear of fall can hold me back for a while but the flight is inevitable. Ameen!



No comments: