Me

Just as you have done now, I too do log into this blog. My intention being to catch up with the comments that my viewers might have posted. I do like to hear from my friends as to what they feel about what I have written. Most of them are very appreciative about the content on the blog, others commend me on my writing skills. Not many are critical of my writings though I would also like to face the rough end of the stick. Though the visitors count indicates around a quarter of a million hits, the comments enumerate to just less than hundred. This could be attributed to the fact that many of my viewers convey me their views over the chats rather than posting in the comments section.

One such incident happened when a long lost friend of mine pinged me. She was a junior at school and later at junior college. An intellect herself she wasn’t in contact off late, so a message from her was really welcome. Normal exchange of pleasentaries include ‘hows u’, ‘wheres u’ etc; as was expected since we hadn’t had any updates about the other for quiet some time now. As the conversation progressed she mentioned to me that she is a regular on my blog. That was a pleasant thing to hear but the question that followed wasn’t so.

“Why are your write-ups so negative?” she questioned. Well, frankly I was taken aback by this. May be I was attuned to hear only appreciative comments till now, so when the reality struck it struck me hard. I was able to convey to her that I am not a pessimist, not even anywhere closer and I will die an eternal optimistic. She had known me for quiet some while and I sincerely hoped she was convinced with what I told her was true.

But, in hindsight I guess she had a genuine query. An unbiased glance through the posts and one might not be entirely wrong if they sense a hint of pessimism in my writing. Thus, I owe it to my readers to put a true picture of mine. If one reads through the description of my blog, I think they will experience the “eureka” moment. For the ignorant lot, the description reads “the plight I find myself in and the things happening around me”. I use this blog as a vent for my frustrations about the wrongs happening in the vicinity and some awkward situations I don’t want to be in.

Not that it’s always something gloomy that happens to me but those are few and far in between, as sparse as the number of posts here. I associate myself with the most jolly bunch of people, be at office or otherwise and try to take pleasure from the smallest thing. And for the lesser pleasant things? Well you guessed it … I keep it for the blog.

Even in my posts, a little bit of pondering and one could see the real self of me. The real me, the light humored, witty, jolly me. Who else would you find making fun of oneself, be it loosing money or flunking in exams? I am someone who has taken everything in my stride and still have the nerve to let know it to others, albeit in a very phunny :) manner.

Now that we have got to dissecting, lets do a detailed postmortem. From the parodies of Bryan Adam hit numbers to describe the joy ;) of flunking to a descriptive narration of erosion of hard earned mullah at the markets. From describing the plight in the IT world at one hand and simultaneously the ordeal of being benched and onto the significance of Google in our life, I have penned it all. It isn’t unusual to find a grumbling IT professional but only a few have the ability to pen it down in a enjoyable manner; and I am saying this without a tinge of arrogance. In fact the positivity in me even prompted a haiku out of a faulty fire detector. From the title to the content and onto the presentation of each post, I try to project the humor and wit I embody. So much so that I put more effort in deciding the apt and often humorous title once I have hurried through writing the content.

Once my friend described me as a person who has views about everything, and often contrarian. I choose to second him on this especially the first half of the statement. And views I expressed about most of the things around me. Be it the Hindu Mythology or be it the economic crisis we are undergoing through. Be it blatant plagiarism or the ills plaguing Goa. From the electioneering tamasha to a single procession to file the nomination papers, nothing skipped to feature on my blog. The Quizzer in me make sure the audience are fed with some dose to churn their white matter while the sketches make tall and by far overstretched claims 8) to challenge Pablo Picasso. In the same vein that I cursed myself for my dormancy, I had even praised others for their entrepreneurship and vision. I described my failures but at the same time commended someone on the other side of the globe for their achievements. Yes, I have talked about the ills plaguing our country, but then its just depicts my concern and potrays the patriotic side of me. Isn’t it? From the need of a strong leader to the manner the electorates are being treated by the politicians, what I have written is plain hard truth. Even the hot topic of terrorism didn’t manage to skip my blog.

So as you might have rightly guessed by now this was an sincere attempt of mine towards self redemption, an attempt to shed off any misconception about me that you might have formed in your mind. I am an eternal optimistic and will continue to be so, be what be. My motto in life has been “All for the best” and I have been dedicatedly living up to it. Things might look bad on face value but the long term repercussions of the same are always fruitful, that’s what I believe in. Takings things in my stride, I attune myself for anything and everything that’s comes my way, because……. That’s “ME”!

1 comment:

sooji said...

nice work//